Last Updated: April 10, 2012
We have a vibrant and vital Children’s and Youth Ministry and Program. We can only control our end of the internet connection. We have no control over what happens on other peoples computers, tablets, ereaders, phones, etc. It is conceivable that children will view our site and provide information that we intend for adults to supply. When those situations come to our attention we will mitigate the information disclosure as required by the situation. Herein are our policies about information from Children.
- Currently the Church does not collect personal information from children under the age of 18 (name, home/e-mail address, phone number). Should it do so for any reason at any time in the future, the Church shall:
- Shall not require a child to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity
- Shall get verifiable parental consent to collect personal information
- Shall get new consent when information practices materially change
- Shall allow parents to review personal information collected from their children
- Shall allow parents to revoke consent, and delete information collected from their children at the parent’s request
- Name and contact information of the operator of the site
- The kinds of personal information collected
- Whether and to whom the operator discloses the children’s personal information
- The Church will not post or distribute personally identifiable information of children under 18 years (name, address, phone number, e-mail address) without prior written parental permission.
- Said prior written parental permission should be sought using the Authorization and Release form (available at the Church Office).