One of the Seven Marks of Discipleship identified by our church leaders is — “Give generously of time, talent and treasure.”
Participating in financial support of the church is not about spare change, it is about spiritual change. Our church is making a difference in the lives of others in the name of Christ and we invite you to be a part of this important work!
Methods of giving:
- Offering envelope – weekly, monthly or annually
- Giving online through your bank
- Giving online through the QR Code
- Giving online
Use the QR Code found in our bulletin or newsletter or come here to this web page and click
This will take you to a form where you can give to the General Offering Fund or to the Special Offering Fund. If you give to the Special Offering Fund you will need to remember to write something in the NOTE at the bottom of the form.
Our General Offering Fund helps support missions and ministries that change lives in many ways. With these funds we give to community ministries such as United Against Poverty, to Presbytery of Central Florida’s work, to provide for pastoral care for our congregation, to our youth and children’s ministries and to our facilities. We consider our facilities to be an important part of our mission and ministry, providing a safe place for support groups such as AA and Bereaved Victims (family members of homicide victims), an adult day care, and a myriad of other ministries.
Our Special Offerings include special fundraisers for the youth conferences or some other immediate event, or it might include any one of our six annual special offerings:
• One Great Hour of Sharing – As we approach Easter we emphasize efforts to alleviate the effects of poverty, injustice or disasters. Roughly a third of this offering goes to Presbyterian Disaster Assistance to deal with hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, and unnatural disasters like the impact of the 2016 Pulse Nightclub here in Orlando. Similar amounts go toward the Presbyterian Hunger Program and the Self-Development of People programs that help people help themselves. For more information click here http://specialofferings.pcusa.org/oghs.html
• Pentecost Offering – This offering goes to help youth and children’s ministries at Grace Covenant, in the Presbytery, and throughout the world. For more information click here http://specialofferings.pcusa.org/pentecost
• Caring for Generations – Received for our mission partners at Westminster Communities and the Florida Presbyterian on or near Mother’s Day to provide a safety net so residents who have outlived their financial resources can continue to receive the essentials of life.
• Peacemaking Offering – Received on World Communion Sunday on the first weekend of October. For more information click here http://specialofferings.pcusa.org/peace-global.html
• Thornwell Home for Children – Received on or near Thanksgiving, this offering helps support the work of a home that provides a place for children who, for whatever reason, cannot live at the home of their family. For more information click here http://www.thornwell.org/
• Christmas Joy – Received in Advent Season goes equally to two ministries: Providing assistance to students attending Presbyterian-related racial ethnic schools and colleges and to assist current and retired Presbyterian Church workers in their time of financial needs. For more information click here http://specialofferings.pcusa.org/christmasjoy.html